New innovative sleeping bag technology
The Oscar -10° has been equipped with the revolutionary new tubular construction, where chambers run lengthwise, distributing the air equally throughout the bag and so creating an even insulation. To further protect against cold, windy nights a windproof membrane has been added making it possible to sleep directly under the stars. It has a snug mummy shape including a trapezoid footbox to optimise comfort and it comes with a fitted hood, an integrated pillow pocket on the back and an extra storage bag.
- New innovative tubic construction
- Even heat distribution in full length
- Very low weight for a synthetic bag
- Very small packsize for a winter bag
- Breathable wind-blocking membrane
- Extreme warmth to weight ratio
- Trapezoid footbox for more room
- Fitted hood
- Integrated pillow pocket on the back
The story behind the name
Founder of Scandinavian equality
Oscar I (1799-1859) was born as Joseph François Oscar Bernadotte and was King of Sweden and Norway 1844-59, which he formally united through new flags. His father was the first ruler of the House of Bernadotte, and his mother was Désirée Clary, the first fiancée of Napoleon Bonaparte, who also became Oscar's godfather. Oscar established freedom of press, but he also passed the first law towards gender equality in Sweden.