Our Tent category contains tents and all their additional accessories. Buy the main tent structure, complete with pegs and poles, then start browsing through the rest of the category. You can find bunting style flag lines to make your tent feel more at home, name tags (so you remember which tent is yours), spare pegs, hooks and hammer pulls.
The 3 Main Benefits of Buying a Tent
- Create a place to call home wherever you fancy that’s as close to nature as possible.
- Protect yourself and your belongings from the harsh elements and stay cosy at night.
- They’re an affordable and quick way to set up base on your outdoor adventure.
Buying a tent is must. We believe everyone should own one! Whether you need a sturdy tent that can handle the gale-force winds in the Scottish Highlands, or a simple family-sized tent to keep in the car boot for impromptu adventures.
The key benefit of the tent is how versatile it can be for you. It gives you so much freedom on where you’ll call home for the night. A good quality tent isn’t just shelter, it’s comfort too and a place to rest without fear of being blown away!
A well-made tent will protect you and your belongings. It keeps them dry, sheltered from the wind and the harsh elements. It also keeps them hidden from nosey tent neighbours in camping sites. A good tent combined with a thermal sleeping bag will keep you snug even on the coldest of nights.
Finally, tents are excellent value for money. Rather than staying in a hotel (good luck finding one near to your hiking trail), you can find many campsites and tent-friendly land spaces. You only pay for the tent once! You can reuse it over and over on numerous adventures. It’s also quick to set up and pack away so you can be making up hiking time or heading back home in a jiffy.
Buying Guide for Choosing a Tent
With such a wide range of different tents, working out which one is best for you can be tough. But don’t worry, we’ve created a short buying guide for choosing a tent so you can head to the Nordisk checkout with the perfect tent in your basket. Here are the factors you need to consider:
- Size should be the first thing you think about. Do you need a 1-man tent or enough space for the whole family? Don’t forget to calculate luggage space too. And then there’s the size of the tent when it’s packed away – a good tent is the right size to travel with when packed away too.
- Considering the construction of your tent is essential. Is it easy to get in and out of? How many poles are needed? Consider how the shape and style of the tent will be affected by high winds. Think about the groundsheet too – does it need to be extra waterproof? And finally, think about the ground you’ll be camping on to decide if extra accessories and pegs are needed!
- Do you know much about tent fabric? Hydrostatic head is a measure of how waterproof your tent fabric is. The higher the number, the more waterproof it is. You might also need to consider UV protection if you’re camping in the summer. The perfect tent fabric is just right for the environment.
- If you’re planning on hiking with your new tent on your back, then weight is an especially important factor to consider. Some of our lightest 1-man tents weigh less than 500g! You don’t want to be huffing and puffing up mountains with a heavy tent on your back.
- Design is important not just for aesthetical reasons. Are the zippers easy to pull when it’s -10°C and you’re wearing thick gloves? Are the material colours bright enough for you to find it easily in the dark? The tent design should be practical for your needs.
Practical Advice and Tips on Our Tents for Sale
While you wait for your tent to be delivered (it ships in just 1-2 days from Nordisk!) you should take some time to brush up on your tent knowledge, starting with these tips.
First, you should do a test run in your garden. Learn how to set up your tent correctly, decide whether you need to buy extra pegs, and time yourself packing it all away again so you are prepared.
Before you even leave on your trip, check that you’ve got the right pegs (and a mallet) for the ground type you’ll be camping on. Check the weather to find out if it will be sun-baked or water-logged.
Once you’ve arrived, check the wind direction (especially important if you’re by the coast) to set up your tent in the most streamlined position. You should also clear the ground for any debris from the last campers.
Finally, remember to have fun. Choosing a high-quality tent gives you the peace of mind to enjoy your trip instead of worrying if it will come loose during your daytime adventures.
Why Buy Tents from Nordisk?
Did you know that Nordisk has free shipping over £50 in the UK? That means nearly every tent in our tents of sale category can be sent to you with no shipping fee!
Buying from Nordisk has many benefits, including the all-important exchange service. When you’re buying tents in shops, you can test out the tent for yourself. Online, it’s a little bit trickier. That’s why we have the exchange service so if you discover that the tent you buy isn’t quite what you need, you can simply return it for another.
To ensure you don’t miss out on the best tent for your next trip, scroll back up and browse the selection of tents for sale at Nordisk!