Our extensive range of tents are also complimented by an extensive range of additional accessories, allowing you to customise and personalise your campaign experience to suit your specific needs.
Choose your main tent structure, complete with pegs and poles and compliment your tent with our range of bespoke accessories, from homely bunting to high quality camping furniture as well as lightweight spare pegs, hooks and hammer pulls.
Why choose a Nordisk tent?
- Get closer to nature, and explore the great outdoors with reliable, high quality camping equipment
- Reliable protection from the elements, wherever your adventure takes you
- Easily pitched, packed, and carried – so you’re always ready to create new memories with the great outdoors
Sleeping in a tent is an important and highly rewarding part of every outdoor adventure. We believe everyone should experience this unique way of getting closer to nature.
Whether you need a lightweight, technical tent that can handle the most challenging conditions of the Scottish Highlands, or a comfortable family-sized tent to have ready for impromptu summer adventures, there is a Nordisk range perfectly suited to the task.
Versatility is key, providing so much freedom on where you can call home for the night. A good quality tent isn’t just shelter, it’s comfort too, and a place to rest and reflect on the adventures of the day as well as those to come after a good night’s sleep.
A well-made tent will protect both you and your belongings. Offering warmth and protection from the elements it also ensures privacy from others when pitched on campsites.
And remember, a high quality tent, combined with a thermally efficient sleeping bag will keep you snug even on the coldest of nights.
Buying Guide for Choosing a Tent
With such a wide range of different tent styles, features and benefits, working out which one is best for you can be a challenge.
So, at Nordisk, we’ve created a short buying guide designed to help make choosing a tent as easy as possible for you.
With our guide, you can choose your perfect Nordisk tent with confidence, knowing it will be an investment that will create memories that will last a lifetime.
- How large should my tent be?
- Size should be the first thing you consider when buying a tent. Do you need a 1-man tent or enough space for the whole family? Don’t forget to calculate space for storing packs, bikes, dogs or other gear you’re likely to bring with you on your adventures. And then there’s the size of the tent when it’s packed away – a good tent needs to be the right size to travel with, and store too. After all there’s no point investing in a tent that’s too heavy to carry if you’re planning on using it for bike-packing or trekking adventures.
- What type of tent should I buy?
- Considering the construction of your tent is essential. Does it need to withstand extreme elements? Does it need headroom? Is it easy to get in and out of? How many poles and how complex or simple do you want the structure to be? Consider how the shape and style of the tent will be affected by high winds and where you’ll typically be using it. Think about the groundsheet too – does it need to be extra waterproof? And finally, think about the ground you’re most likely to be camping on to decide if extra accessories and pegs are needed.
- What’s the best tent fabric?
- Do you know much about tent fabric? To measure how waterproof a tent fabric is, a measure called ‘hydrostatic head’ is the internationally recognised unit. The higher the number, the more waterproof it is. You might also need to consider UV protection if you’re camping in the summer. The perfect tent fabric is just right for the environment without being unnecessarily heavy, or delicate.
- How heavy should my tent be?
- If you’re planning on hiking or travelling with your Nordisk tent in your pack, then weight is an especially important factor to consider. Some of our lightest 1-man tents weigh less than 500g – designed exclusively for adventure races and ultra-lightweight exploration. In these situations every calorie counts and wasting energy carrying heavy kit simply not an option.
- Are there specific design requirements I need to think about when choosing a tent?
- Design is a huge part of tent development and performance and is important not just for aesthetical reasons. Are the zippers easy to pull when it’s -10°C and you’re wearing thick gloves? Are the material colours bright enough for you to find it easily in the dark? Does the design of the tent mean it’s easy to pitch? The tent design should be practical for your needs.
- If you’re still struggling to understand the difference between a Midgard and an Asgard, or you’re unsure whether a Lofoten or Telemark is the perfect tent for you, simply get in touch with us or one of our retailers. We’re all experts in the full Nordisk range and can discuss the features and benefits of each to help ensure you buy the best possible tent for your specific use.
Practical Advice and Tips to help get the best from a Nordisk tent
We’ve created some tips to help you get the best from your Nordisk tent. Whether you’ve purchased a Telemark 1 ULW or a 40m2 Vanaheim, these pre-camping checks and tips are guaranteed to make your next camping adventure with a Nordisk tent a success.
First, you should do a test run in your garden or open space. Learn how to set up your tent correctly, decide whether you need to consider investing in extra pegs, and time yourself packing your tent so you are fully prepared.
Before you leave on your trip, check that you’ve got the right pegs (and a mallet if needed) for the ground type you’ll be camping on. Check the weather (both the forecast of what’s ahead and what the previous days have been like to find out if the ground is likely to be sun-baked or water-logged.
Once you’ve arrived, check the wind direction (especially important if you’re by the coast) to set up your tent in the most streamlined position. You should also clear the ground for any debris, rocks or snags to protect your groundsheet and make for a comfortable night’s sleep.
Finally, remember to have fun and savour every moment being closer to nature and outdoors. Choosing a high-quality tent gives you the peace of mind to enjoy your trip, safe in the knowledge that you have a reliable and secure base to rest at the end of a long day’s adventure.